Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Super Secret Project

Kevin---- Do not read---Christmas spoilers!


All other projects are suspended for the moment.  Kevin has taken a trip to a conference for the week so I can finally work on the best Christmas present ever!  I got started on it last night even though I only had around 3 hours of sleep the night before.  We had to be at the airport at 4:30 am for Kevin to make his flight.  I hate seeing the clock at that time.


Over a month ago, I found this pattern for knitted sock monkeys.  Which is perfect for Kevin.  Monkeys are, well, a bit of an inside joke I guess.  So many people, at some point or another, have given Kevin a stuffed monkey or something with monkeys on it.  I have 4 more days to work on it before he gets back.  Hopefully it'll be done, or almost done.


This is how far I've gotten so far.  Just a foot, but it's knitting up pretty quick.  I am not a big fan of knitting with tiny double pointed needles but couldn't figure out a way to make it with different needles.  I would have bought a lighter shade of grey or brown but this was the best that the store had.  Maybe if it goes well I'll go on a yarn hunt for a better color.  

I was watching the star trek movie again this morning so I thought it would be appropriate to have my tea in my star trek mug.  We got it in Washington at the Air and Space Smithsonian of all places.  

No comments:

Post a Comment